Dewberry is currently seeking a Site/Civil Project Engineer
to serve major public and institutional clients in our Fairfax, Virginia
office. This position requires experience in civil design/land development activities including: design of grading, storm water management, soil erosion & sediment control, roadways, storm drainage and utility design. The selected candidate will become part of a growing team that provides complete, comprehensive site/civil services to a variety of public sector clients.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of all site/civil design aspects.
- Works closely with the Project Manager in a Team environment.
- Mentors entry-level staff and interns in the used of Civil3D.
- Perform work that may include, but is not limited to, construction document (plan and specifications) and technical reports preparation and/or oversight; engineering analyses, cost estimates and quality control/quality assurance in order to deliver a quality design product.
- Implement regulatory requirements and design standards
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or proven equal experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience directly related to the design and execution of Civil Infrastructure Projects is required.
- FE required
- Preparation of graphics, exhibits and Site/Civil Construction Plans.
- Strong technical capabilities in various Software Applications including but limited to AutoCAD Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.