Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to help in the pursuit of growing our business. The ideal candidate has experience serving as a Proposal Manager or performing Proposal Manager related tasks such as developing and monitoring proposal schedules, preparing RFP compliance matrixes, conducting RFP compliance reviews, and scheduling and helping facilitate color reviews. Also serve as a liaison with corporate resources, including proposal graphics, editing, production, and delivery.
- Manage proposals, including:
- Developing and monitoring the proposal schedule.
- Preparing the proposal outline and compliance matrix.
- Scheduling, facilitating and documenting meetings, including color reviews.
- Conducting RFP compliance reviews.
- Collaborating with proposal pricing staff to ensure technical and business proposals are consistent and on schedule for delivery.
- Overseeing final production and ensuring timely submission of proposals.
- Performing varied proposal management tasks needed in responding to and submitting follow up submissions (responses to questions and final proposal revisions).
- Contribute to building the knowledge of all staff in implementing Westat proposal processes, including:
- Updating and maintaining tools, templates, and other content in proposal resources repository.
- Training and mentoring new proposal managers and other staff on proposal process.
- Contributing to building, updating, and maintaining proposal databases containing proposals, resumes, and project descriptions.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full life cycle proposal development experience including experience with Federal RFP and proposal requirements
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), Foundation-Level
- Experience working on RFPs for Federal agencies such as HHS, ED, NIJ, DOT, DOL, and USDA
- Knowledge of state, non-profit and commercial proposals a plus.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
- Organization skills, including time management ability
- Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 floating holidays per year)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.