Coordinator for Bike Shop & Outdoor Rental Desk
- University Recreation & Wellness
- College Park, Maryland
- $65,000-$69,000 including benefits but negotiable.
- Mar 31, 2023
- Apr 26, 2023
- Maintenance and Repair, Management
- Education, Colleges and Universities, Other
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
Are you someone who...
- Has a passion for developing students?
- Loves teaching others how to fix bikes?
- Loves helping others plan their own adventures?
University Recreation & Wellness is a dynamic organization and a national leader in the field of collegiate recreation. We employ nearly 900 student employees and 45 professionals. We all commit, on a daily basis, to providing the highest quality programs, services, and facilities for students, faculty, staff and the greater University community.
Full-time professional exempt staff position with full benefits. This position has a major responsibility to manage the RecWell Adventure Program’s bike shop (repairs, rentals, and retail) and outdoor equipment rental desk (rentals and retail). A breakdown of responsibilities include: Supervision & Training (55%), Bike Shop Management (20%), Rental Desk & Outdoor Equipment Management (15%), Other / Related Duties (10%).
Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years experience with basic bike maintenance (i.e. bike safety inspections, changing a flat tire, lubricating a chain, adjusting brake tension, derailleur adjustments, etc.
- At least two years experience participating in outdoor adventure activities (i.e. mountain biking, hiking, backpacking, camping, etc.), especially mountain biking.
- At least two years of experience supervising and training others.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain (within 3 months of start date) and maintain American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer / AED / First Aid certification.
- Ability to obtain (within 6 months of start date) and maintain American Red Cross Instructor certification.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through programming, mentoring, or training.
Preferred: Master’s degree in recreation management, outdoor leadership, environmental education, higher education, or related field. Proficient with bike maintenance (including more advanced skills like disc brakes, wheel building, headset replacement, etc.). Experience supervising college student personnel. Demonstrated commitment to student development through programming, mentoring, or training. American Red Cross CPR Instructor Certification. Wilderness First Responder certification. Related industry certifications (i.e. League of American Bicyclists Instructor, etc.) Experience using Fusion software.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience, the range is $65,000 - $69,000 but negotiable.