ERP International is seeking a full-time Operating Room - Surgical Technologist in support of the Operating Room at Eglin Hospital at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2022 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD, LTD and Life Insurance, Health Savings Account available, and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday through Friday 6:45am - 3:30pm, which includes a 45 minute non-paid lunch break.
Very limited On-Call and Call-Back
• Perform the full spectrum of sterile techniques, setting up surgical trays, preparing and draping patients for surgery, and assisting with post-operative dressings.
• Ensure surgical packs are cleaned and packed for sterilization after every procedure, to include restocking surgical supplies.
• Maintain a clean, safe environment for the patient either by active participation in the cleaning of clinical spaces, operating rooms, and medical equipment, or by guiding other personnel in the environmental maintenance.
• The OR/Surgical technologist shall perform as an operating room technician in any capacity needed as a scrub technician to include scrubbing, circulating, floating and patient transport duties.
• The OR/Surgical Technician will perform duties in Sterile Processing and Distribution Department as required.
• OR/Surgical Technician shall assist with orientation and training of newlyassigned and inexperience personnel.
• The OR/Surgical Technician shall recognize medical emergencies and respond appropriately. Initiate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) if required.
• Shall assist surgical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when
• The OR/Surgical Technician shall participate in in-services and continuing education programs as required.
• OR/Surgical Technician shall establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
• Shall ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
• Shall ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
• Shall comply with established clinic standards of care and ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
• Shall perform limited administrative duties which include: maintaining statistical records of workload; maintaining records of hours worked (including DMHRSi); operating and manipulating automated systems (such as Surgical scheduling System-S3); participating in education programs and in clinical staff quality assurance functions and Process Action Teams.
• Shall comply with the provisions of the MTF Hazardous Materials Control instruction for containment and cleanup of infectious waste.
• Shall assist with routing medical materiel management activities.
• Shall accomplish routine safety checks on fixed and moveable medical equipment and fixtures.
• Shall perform routine and specialized housekeeping activities.
• Shall prepare OR for surgery by setting up and opening sterile supplies and instruments. Apply principles of asepsis, infection control, and medical ethics.
• Shall assist with terminal cleanup of OR and prepare for follow-up procedures.
• Shall receive, decontaminate, and clean soiled patient care items. Assembles, wraps, and sterilizes instrument sets, supplies, and linen packs. Stores, Maintains, and distributes sterile patient care items. Shall assist the circulating nurse with patient positioning, preparing, preparing records, reports, and requests.
• Shall prepare specimens for transport to the laboratory.
• Shall perform scrub duties in OR to include but not limited to scrub hands and arms and dons sterile gown and gloves.
• Shall prepare and maintain sterile instruments, supplies, and equipment of draped tables and stands. Shall count sponges, needles, instruments, and related items with circulating nurse before, during, and after surgical procedures.
• Shall assist the operative team with applying sterile drapes to the surgical field.
• Shall pass instruments, sutures, and other supplies to the sterile operative team.
• Shall anticipate surgeon needs and provide additional assistance as directed for patient care.
• Shall care for surgical specimens on the sterile field. Cleaning and preparing instruments and reusable supplies for terminal sterilization and decontamination.
• Shall know fundamentals of anatomy and physiology; principles of asepsis and sterile techniques; preparing and storing surgical sets and packs, surgical instrumentation, and equipment; OR and anesthesia procedures; pathology as it applies to specimen care and handling; basic microbiology and infection control principles; basic surgical pharmacology; sterilizing and disinfecting procedures; surgical and anesthesia complications and their treatment; hospital and OR environmental hazards and safety procedures; handling and storage of compressed gases; basic medical material procedures; legal aspects of preoperative care and medical ethics; roles and qualifications of surgical team members; and basic clinical functions.
• Shall possess knowledge in emergency procedures in order to react promptly and appropriately to provide effective care during emergency situations, respiratory or cardiac arrest.
• Shall have knowledge and skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation used to initiate resuscitation measures when necessary and assist surgical team in providing support measure.
• Shall possess ability to acquire and use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patient's information, from a variety of sources to include Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (ALTHA) and Integrated Clinical Database (ICDB).
• Shall possess knowledge of various training methods and interpersonal skills in order to develop a rapport with the patients and co-workers during which instructional and education information is presented and a supportive, trusting relationship is established. Shall possess knowledge of and ability to demonstrate leadership skills in order to provide guidance, counseling, training and professional evaluation.
• Shall possess knowledge of operating a wide variety of medical equipment/non-medical equipment to ensure patient and staff safety, proper equipment maintenance and accessibility.
• Shall possess basic knowledge of established clinic standards of care and Joint Commission requirements for clinical and documentation protocols, safety, infection control, performance improvement, etc., to insure compliance with policies and provide consistent training and guidance for clinic staff.
• Shall possess knowledge in management and daily operation of an operating room servicing a large number of patients with a variety of healthcare needs and illnesses.
* Education: Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accrediting bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians.
* Experience: Minimum of 24 months full time experience within the past 36 months in a multi-specialty surgical environment which includes Orthopedics, Obstetrics/Gynecology to include Cesarean Sections, Vascular and General Surgery.
* Clinical Certification: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or certified as a Tech-in-surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess ARC or AHA BLS certification.
* Security: Must be able to pass a Government background check and obtain a Government security clearance.