The Product Manager, Access, Account & Support plays a critical role in subscriptions growth by making it as easy as possible for subscribers to access their subscription on every Washington Post platform, and empowering them with self-service subscription management tools. This person will be responsible for owning the product roadmap for the Washington Post Authentication and Account applications. You will also support our world-class Customer Care team with the self-service tools they need to support subscribers.
In this role, you will take a data-driven approach to product development and execution. You will work in an Agile development environment and define feature requirements, execute against release plans, and proactively remove obstacles to deliver on product and business strategies.
In collaboration with stakeholders and the Product Management Lead for Adoption, you will develop recommendations for evolving the experience subscribers have when accessing and managing their subscription based on a deep understanding of performance data, user behavior, and the competitive landscape. Motivations:
- You understand that simplicity can be complex, and you're up for the challenge of making things simple.
- You have a bias for action, especially when something is functioning incorrectly.
- You empathize with the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations and get excited at the prospect of building products for them.
- You enjoy incorporating different perspectives from various disciplines in order to make informed decisions.
- You have an interest in new or unconventional technologies and enjoy exploring how they might be beneficial to your product.
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications
- Build impactful products that meet business and user needs by accurately capturing business requirements from stakeholders, creating user stories that connect user needs, business goals, and technical requirements, participating in usability testing and user interviews; synthesizing user data to develop insights; regularly reviewing product/user behavior data to identify opportunities and/or trends.
- Ensure a high-quality product that is functioning as expected by identifying, prioritizing and resolving technical, functional and business quality issues across all aspects of the product; working with Engineering to prepare for and participate in bug bashes, setting up and reviewing dashes and alerts, and deprecating features or apps that degrade performance or quality.
- Evaluate success and evolve products by working with stakeholders and the analytics team to develop key product metrics and goals; reviewing user surveys; app store reviews, customer feedback, and evaluating analytics post launch.
- Communicate what's important by working collaboratively with the Product Lead to communicate strategic initiatives through documentation of various forms; and, setting goals in a clear, actionable format that can drive product delivery.
- Ensure expectations are met by proactively communicating status of your projects to managers/leadership and asking for what you need to deliver on outcomes.
- 1+ years as a product owner or product manager with experience in digital media or consumer-facing digital applications; or, case study illustrating your experience building a consumer product
- A foundational understanding of the agile software development process including ideation, research, prototyping, testing, and launching
- Ability to think critically, and with a beginner's mindset
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive multiple projects while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with colleagues of various disciplines and technical acumen while building partnerships that result in better product outcomes
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to identify user and/or business needs and inform solutions
- Strong writing skills
- Working knowledge of industry standard software such as Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Whimsical
- Experience with or strong interest in: news, digital media, or subscriptions businesses
- Experience collaborating with large, remote teams using communication tools such as Slack and Zoom
- Ability to influence methodology and technical architecture, particularly as it relates to authentication technologies
- Good storytelling/presentation skills
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
- Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
- Nine paid holidays and two personal days
- 20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
- Robust mental health resources
- Backup care and caregiver concierge services
- Gender affirming services
- Pet insurance
- Free Post digital subscription
- Leadership and career development programs
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status. The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow