Finance Manager (23-114)
- Washington D.C.
- Mar 30, 2023
- May 04, 2023
- Accountant, Finance
- Full Time
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Finance Manager for its Finance and Administration Division. This is a two-year, full time, exempt, renewable appointment based in Washington, D.C and reports to the Controller.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Co-manage invoicing and financial reporting to donors
- Create special financial reports and templates
- Assist with timely production of monthly financial statements
- Conduct financial analysis
- Provide technical accounting guidance
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Assist with annual and program audits
- Contribute to preparation of annual 990 return Liaise with operations staff on various matters
- Management and supervision of staff
- Assist on special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance plus ten years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus seven years of relevant experience.
- 2 years of management experience.
- Experience in non-profit organization preferably in project cost environment using Deltek – Costpoint and Cognos.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP combined with the ability to research and apply accounting requirements.
- Solid understanding of indirect rate structure for international non-profits and government contracts.
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills and experience with data presentation, pivot tables and ad hoc modeling.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment as a team player.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.