Are you someone who...
- Has a passion for developing students?
- Loves facilitating team building?
- Loves to share a passion of climbing with others?
University Recreation & Wellness is a dynamic organization and a national leader in the field of collegiate recreation. We employ nearly 900 student employees and 45 professionals. We all commit, on a daily basis, to providing the highest quality programs, services, and facilities for students, faculty, staff and the greater University community.
Full-time professional exempt staff position with full benefits. This position has a major responsibility to manage the RecWell Adventure Program’s challenge course (including a low ropes course, high ropes course, and alpine tower) and outdoor climbing wall (bouldering grotto and 55-foot wall). A breakdown of responsibilities include: Supervision & Training (55%), Reservation Management (15%), Adventure Complex Management and Maintenance (15%), Program Management (5%), Other / Related Duties (10%).
Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of experience facilitating team building programs.
- At least two years of experience belaying and facilitating climbing programs (gym, trips, etc.).
- At least two years of experience supervising and training others.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain (within 3 months of start date) and maintain American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer / AED/ First Aid certification.
- Ability to obtain (within 6 months of start date) and maintain American Red Cross Instructor certification.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through programming, mentoring, or training.
Preferred: Master’s degree in recreation management, outdoor leadership, environmental education, higher education, or related field. Experience supervising college student personnel. Demonstrated commitment to student development through programming, mentoring, or training. Working knowledge of health and safety standards of challenge course programs, including knowledge of Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) standards. Experience maintaining and inspecting ropes course structures and equipment. American Red Cross CPR Instructor Certification. Wilderness First Responder certification. Related industry certifications (i.e. Association for Challenge Course Technology Practitioner Certification, Professional Climbing Wall Instructors Association Climbing Wall Instructor and/or Top Rope Climbing Instructor, American Mountain Guides Rock Instructor etc.). Knowledge of high angle rescue techniques. Experience using Fusion software.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience, the range is $65,000 - $69,000 but negotiable.