RequirementsConditions of Employment
- As Team Leader, ensure the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, values, and goals are integrated in the daily work processes of the team.
- Provide advice to the team and/or individual members on work methods, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure the adequacy of acquisition planning, competition in contracting, preparation of price/cost analyses for designated actions, and small business utilization.
- Develop and/or review complex contractual pricing arrangements and incentives characterized by multiple incentives requiring sophisticated contracting techniques, sharing arrangements such as cost plus incentive fees or fixed-price incentive fees.
- Responsible for assuring standards are maintained; law, policy, procedures, and regulations are adhered to.
- Perform procurement oversight for complex, high dollar value solicitations and proposed contractual actions within assigned area.
QualificationsTime in Grade Requirements:
- Must be a U.S.Citizen.
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- OGE-450 Financial Disclosure Statement Required.
- Obtain/Maintain Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Certification (DAWIA).
For entry at the GS-13
level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12
or higher grade in the Federal Service. Basic Education Standards for positions in the 1102 series
Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.All applicants must provide a copy of their transcripts. Failure to provide this information will result in disqualification. Education Exemptions:
The education requirements listed above apply only to individuals entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current DoD employees or Armed Forces members, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Failure to provide SF-50 or career brief (for Armed Forces members) dated prior to October 1, 2000 will result in disqualification (this includes DISA employees).
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .Foreign Education:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services at the time of application. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services .Specialized Experience:
For the GS-13, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service, is required.Specialized experience is defined as experience performing pre and/or post award contracting actions that may include, but not limited to, developing solicitations, issuance of contracts and contract administration.
Candidates must describe how their experience meets the specialized experience requirement within the body of their resume.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
Competencies: Contracting/Procurement, Leading People, Process Improvement, and Procurement PolicyQualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the submission of your application. EducationThere is no substitution of education for specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level.
- COVID-19 WORKPLACE SAFETY PROTOCOLS: To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the above COVID-19 vaccination mandate is not presently being enforced as a condition of employment for this position.
- In accordance with Agency policy, this position is eligible for remote work outside of the local commuting area of the duty location listed in this announcement.
- Salary will be determined based on the duty location after selection. The salary listed reflects the 2023 General Schedule Base scale. Salary will be adjusted to meet the locality pay of the duty location upon selection. A complete list of salary tables can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2023/general-schedule .
- A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs MAY be paid.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here .
- This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7). Contracting Foundational/Professional: Selectee must have their Contracting Professional Certification (or be eligible for certification within 36 months of appointment) in the DAWIA Contracting Functional Area. Acquisition workforce employees must achieve 80 hours of Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) every two years, in accordance with DoDI 5000.66. Obtaining certification within the allotted grace period and maintaining CLPs before and after achieving certification are conditions of employment. If certification is not received within 36 months of appointment as defined by DAWIA, and training not completed within the established guidelines, the incumbent might be removed from this position. Additional information may be found at: https://www.dau.edu/back-to-basics .
- For more information on veterans' preference click here .
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here ).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It applies to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. Please see this policy here .
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligible candidates will receive priority consideration at the full performance level only.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here .
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application .