West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Director, Marketing Operations Transformation
The Director of Marketing Operations Transformation leads the operations transformation and modernization of owned-digital channel marketing for Card, bringing together an agile operating model, scaling, and change management to take advantage of modern Martech and Data capabilities.
Overall Role Expectations
- Articulate the future state of how we want marketing to function at Capital One, including how we work (operations), how to best take advantage of technology capabilities (platform and data), and how our marketing capabilities evolve in-line with marketing strategy.
- Build sponsorship and advocacy for that future state with senior Segment and Marketing leaders across the Card business; rallying them around a unified vision.
- Translate that vision into an actionable ops and change management strategy and roadmap that takes us from our current to future state to a clearly articulated target, bringing along senior leaders in Card segments as well as Enterprise partners.
- Architect our "how we work" process and governance transformation, including:
- Defining the mandate, scope and processes of a centralized marketing governance function
- Developing a plan and roadmap to implement and scale a horizontal marketing governance and operations process function
- Defining prioritization & capacity management processes
- Bringing the marketing perspective to identifying data and tech needs to scale processes and governance, and evaluating new tools, vendors, processes
- Developing and implementing a holistic change management strategy and plan
- Lead the delivery of initiatives related to defining our operations governance model, defining our change management strategy/plan and embedding change across the Card marketing and partner organizations with a network of internal and external partners
- Understand and define the intersection of marketing technology with marketing operations so that new marketing capabilities can be implemented / can transform how we work.
- Evangelize the spirit of transformation across the team so that it's a part of every marketer's job, and permeates everything that we do
- Establish a network of help and strong relationships across partners (business, creative, martech, data, operations, etc.) to drive priority changes
- You're a respected and credible leader who demonstrates thought leadership, can set a robust agenda and drive sustainable solutions that live beyond what your team alone can accomplish
- You build bridges across the organization, navigate challenging partner dynamics well, enroll others in your agenda and are beginning to marshall resources to implement your vision
- You operate with an ownership mindset, proactively identify problems and engage the right people to understand and solve them
- You're an effective storyteller with SVP+ audiences, contextualizing the problem statements, the vision, the work, and influencing/shaping the thinking of others at the SVP+ level
- You have a well-grounded perspective based on a diverse set of data sources, including best practices and insights from outside of the walls of Capital One
- You manage highly complex scope autonomously and drive results through others, including dotted line cross-functional teams
- You effectively recruit, manage, develop, inspire, and retain a large, multi-job family team spanning product, marketing, process, and operations roles
- You can effectively lead and coach others, even without direct accountability
- You create blueprints and frameworks from your work/problem solving that other teams can easily understand and use, driving horizontal impact
- You can strike the right balance between urgent and important, can add structure in places of ambiguity and know when to escalate issues
- You handle differing opinions with grace and maturity
- You're highly customer-focused (always thinking "how would a customer experience this?")
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or Military experience with at least 5 years of Project Management experience OR at least 7 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 Years of People Management experience
- At least 3 years of Marketing Operations experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of Marketing Operations experience
- 5+ years of People Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).