Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Data Risk Manager Retail Bank
Are you ready to work for a top 10 Bank? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions?
As a Risk Associate at Capital One you'll be responsible for working with business partners to identify and mitigate potential risks to Capital One. You will create and modify processes while collaborating with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the way we work. Managers at Capital One are the front line of defense to ensure our Company remains stable and profitable.
We are looking for highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. This role provides a high level of exposure across lines of business and has the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Retail Bank Risk Advisors navigate unstructured problems and manage change while demonstrating superior problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and executive presence.
- Review, analyze, develop, and/or execute processes for various functions across the risk office and business areas
- Manage, implement and deliver on a subset of the program deliverables
- Resolve any data issues that may arise from privacy regulations
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Gather data and reporting; perform initial analysis or potentially evaluate data
- Drive effective collaboration with business stakeholders and Risk Office partners
- Advise our business partners on how to design and document effective controls in our control environment
- Collaborate with business Process Owners and Risk Advisors to assess controls and recommend control improvement as needed
- Explore and collaborate with business and risk office partners in root cause analysis for ineffective results
- Manage quality assurance and quality control review assessments on processes, procedures and control results
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long-term goals
- Associate should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholder groups
- Apply sound inquiry and analysis to make recommendations and decisions
- Be intellectually curious to question the obvious, explore options, and develop alternatives
- Associate's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- At least 2 years of experience in Data Management or Data processes
- At least 2 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years Data Privacy experience specifically in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- 3+ years of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- 3+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects in Risk
- 5+ years in Data Management or Data Processes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $147,800 - $168,700 for Risk Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).