Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Medical Staff Coordinator for our Medical Staff Department who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Medical Staff Coordinator you will:
• Initiates and coordinates the acquisition and receipt of all credentialing documentation from assigned providers; provides follow-up and problem resolution as required.
• Acts as point of contact for all matters associated with the credentialing; troubleshoots and resolves problems and issues as they arise.
• Collaborates to develop and maintain a comprehensive credentialing database and prepares reports and summaries as appropriate
• Obtains and Maintains primary source verifications.
• Obtains and Monitors current clinical competency evaluations and peer review.
• Ensures compliance with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Credentials Manuals with regard to credentialing process in accordance with • • • Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
Participates in departmental performance improvement and core process activities.
• Assists in development of work flow processes/procedures to ensure that all credentialing and accreditation processes are completed in accordance to relevant regulation, policies, and standards
• Participates in file audits, delegated credentialing, Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates credentialing/accreditation committee proceedings; provides follow-up and problem resolution regarding committee matters as appropriate.
• Manages and Supports assigned departmental operations or other Committee meetings.
• Contributes to special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Associates degree or higher education required.
• Minimum of two years' experience in confidential health care/credentialing position and/or two years' experience in a related field.
• Certified in Professional Credentialing Specialist preferred achievement of certification within five years of date of hire.
• Experience in Credentialing software, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with health care professionals
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
• Ability to work independently and handle a multi task environment
• Must be personable and enjoy working with people, well organized and efficient and flexible.
• Able to recognize and improve processes to contribute to overall workflow.
• Organizes work, effectively priorities, and sets short- or- long term goals and strategies to achieve them. Aligns communication, people, processes and resources to drive success.
• Exhibits confidence and professional diplomacy while identifying, organizing, facilitating, and/or sustaining mutually beneficial partnerships and alliances with people at all levels internally and externally.
• Facilitates positive, professional, and constructive dialogue with the goal of motivating others to accept recommendations, cooperate, change behavior or find mutually acceptable solutions.
• Presents in a confident, clear, and enthusiastic manner when addressing people in a large or small group. Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the subject matter.
• Understands concepts, key functions, terminology, and work products pertaining to legal, information technology, clinical competence evaluation, performance, performance improvement, risk management, and human resources.
• Organizes information and data, identify/explain trends, problems, and their causes. Compares, contrasts, and combines information to determine underlying issues.
• Knowledge of credentialing and accreditation principles, processes, procedures, and documentation preferred
Full-time Days: Monday - Thursday - 8 am to 5 pm; Friday from 8 am to 3 pm.
Occasional evenings for medical staff meetings.Hybrid
working opportunity available after 90 day probationary period is met. At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location. Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.