- Fairfax Water
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- Mar 28, 2023
- Apr 11, 2023
- Construction and Skilled Trades
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Seeking to hire Engineer for Construction Department to perform the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the planning, direction and coordination of contractors, agents directing contractors, and large groups of engineering technicians involved in the supervision, inspection and construction of public water supply facilities.
- Observing the job progress of Capital Improvement Projects to assure projects conform with approved plans, specifications and related contract documents.
- Reviewing plans and specifications for constructability, including connections to the existing system and sequencing of construction to minimize inconveniences to both the Authority and the public.
- Estimating construction times and costs.
- Reviewing, evaluating and expediting the resolution of claims and problem areas reported from site representatives and personal observations.
- Assisting with the implementation of construction related safety standards. Representing the Authority at project meetings.
- Securing all final permit releases including VDOT, County, VDH, etc.
- Coordinating planned outages with other Utilities.
- Assisting with final inspections of facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- “Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.”
- This position will be filled at Engineer I, Engineer II, or Engineer III level, depending on knowledge and experience.