- Washington D.C.
- Mar 24, 2023
- Apr 28, 2023
- Construction and Skilled Trades
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
The Division of Facilities, Planning, Construction and Management is seeking an experienced tradesperson to take on the role of Plumber. The Plumber will assist the Zone Manager and Zone Leads with the day to day Plumbing operations. The work Schedule is Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm and is subject to on-call assignments, after normal business hours. Requires a working rotation to include Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The candidate will be well trained in all Plumbing applications, highly organized and a professional who takes pride in his/her work and can perform various customer service duties as required throughout the day.
The desired candidate can work a flexible work schedule and available for on-call duty and weekend/holiday work as needed. The Plumber is responsible for proper operation of all systems and equipment. The Plumber position may lead Plumbing maintenance programs including required repairs, renovations and preventative maintenance so that the primary College mission may be maintained.
The Plumber is responsible for:
● Plans, implements and administers a preventative maintenance program(s) to provide maximum life to facilities in accordance with industry standards.
● Knowledge of plumbing systems in commercial residential and academic buildings.
● Coordinates and facilitates walkthrough inspections and due diligence investigations.
● Provides regular verbal/written reports to the Facility Zone Manger.
● Ability to communicate to employees regarding Plumbing best practices.
● Comprehensive knowledge of Plumbing trade tools and of occupational hazards, safety precautions, local codes, and regulations pertaining to Plumbing.
● Knowledge and understanding of FPCM goals and objectives, policies and procedures, as well as ability to work and communicate effectively in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff.
● Schedules Plumbing work orders with GW stakeholders and performs inspections for
quality control on contractor assignments.
● Advises administrators on possible alternatives to proposed Plumbing projects and equipment purchases.
● Provides instructions and assistance in the solution of work related problems and in the performance of specific Plumbing related tasks.
● Performs other work-related duties as requested.
The omission of specific duties does not preclude the lead from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.