- Washington D.C.
- Mar 24, 2023
- Apr 28, 2023
- Construction and Skilled Trades
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Facilities, Buildings & Grounds (FBG) is currently seeking an Appliance Technician to help support the Universities mission in education. FBG is a part of GW’s Facilities, Planning and Construction Management Division, which maintains GW’s property and grounds on all three campuses. Employees at GWU are offered a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, general retirement savings options that include university contributions and matching contributions, generous Annual and Sick leave benefits plus many more. For more information about GW benefits, please visit https://hr.gwu.edu/benefits
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Facilities Operations Services, the Appliance Technician typically performs installations and troubleshooting for washers, dryers, ranges, refrigerators, and other large appliances for University customers.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Connecting water and gas lines to appliances and checking for leaks after appliance installation
- Informing customers on how to operate the appliances properly
- Repairing and replacing any defective components found in appliances
- Dismantling and reassembling appliances to diagnose appliance malfunctions
- Other duties may include record keeping, bill preparation, preparing repair estimates, and inventory control
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.