Program Manager, Association Governance Operations
- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $89,161 - $99,068 https://www.asha.org/careers/asha-jobs/benefits/
- Mar 24, 2023
- Apr 28, 2023
- Other, Program Manager
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to implement and manage a comprehensive leadership program for ASHA’s members. The incumbent is responsible for managing detailed and deadline-oriented processes to cultivate, orient, train, retain, recognize and reward ASHA’s volunteers; manage the process of the Leadership Development Program, the Leadership Mentoring Program, the Distinguished Early Career Professional Certificate and other leadership activities; coordinate aspects of ASHA’s awards program, promote effective working relationships between volunteers and staff; and assist with the Governance Volunteer Operations budgeting process in consultation with the Senior Director Association Governance Operations (Director AGOT.)
The incumbent may also manage special projects as assigned by the Director AGOT. These services promote the Association’s Governance Operations and Strategic Planning Initiatives.
- Manage the processes of all governance-related leadership development activities and initiatives.
- Manage the process of volunteer cultivation, recognition and reward programming.
- Manage ASHA’s Microvolunteering Program to identify new sources of volunteer opportunities for ASHA’s members.
- Manage activities associated with ASHA’s Award Program to include the coordination of the Awards Program Booklet, Awards Video Production, scripting for the Awards Ceremony and other award related duties.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of AGOT to support and train ASHA Ex Officios.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional training in volunteer management
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in managing and administering detailed, deadline oriented, association programs
- 4-6 years of demonstrated success in the management of association awards programs
- At least 4 years of volunteer management experience with a professional or trade association
- At least 4 years of experience in developing and administering volunteer programs
- Experience with leadership development and managing volunteer committees, boards, and councils
- Ability to build relationships and work with volunteers
- Demonstrated success in assisting paid staff to value the contributions made by volunteers and in building effective working relationships with volunteers
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of association governance operations
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning and using customized document retrieval and access system technologies
- Demonstrated ability in writing and editing and in English grammar and style
- Intermediate technology skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) but embraces the use of technology to advance governance operations.
- Strong project and process management and organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Sharepoint, Net Forum database, Chronus, Zoom and OpenWater referred.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to handle detail, deadline-oriented processes to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and successfully carry out work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously, set and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and resolve issues independently and proactively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team
- Demonstrated ability to deal discretely with confidential information
- Ability to travel if needed.