NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Senior Financial Analyst
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional for a Senior Associate position in Commercial Banking Finance. The Commercial Bank includes Commercial Real Estate and Corporate Banking business segments, both regional across our banking footprint and on a national basis for specialized industry verticals. The associate will manage P&L (profit and loss) performance, including revenue, expense, and volume forecasting, for 1 or more Commercial Bank lines of business. This role will expose the associate to new technologies and will provide the opportunity to further develop technology skills as well as more traditional Financial Planning & Analysis competencies.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance. You will also be asked to challenge our current processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient. Key competencies to be successful in this role include:
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Analytical curiosity and problem solving skills
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize tasks
- Teamwork and a willingness to share knowledge/help others on the team when challenges arise
- Passion to learn and continuously develop traditional FP&A skills as well as technical skills (i.e. SQL, Tableau, and Python )
- Deliver accurate, meaningful, and efficient financial forecasts and management reporting to help our partners deliver on their financial objectives
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and P&L management
- Coordinate and collect input data from Business and Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in financial analysis
- At least 1 year of experience with financial modeling
- At least 1 year of experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a combination)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master's Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 2 years' experience in financial analysis
- 2 years' experience with financial modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $96,254 - $113,558 for Sr. Financial Analyst
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).