Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Cyber Insider Threat Analyst (Remote-Eligible)
Capital One is looking for an Insider Threat and Digital Investigations Threat Detection and Content Developer to join the Cyber Insider Threat team. The Threat Detection and Content Developer role is responsible for the detection and notification of malicious or anomalous user activities and indicators of potential insider threats. This position will be part of the Cyber Insider Threat and Technical Investigations program, responsible for utilizing a wide variety of security tools across multiple environments, to initiate and effect insider threat investigations. The Threat Detection and Content Developer role will develop, coordinate, and build alerting and detection mechanisms and content for initiating and prioritizing inside threat technical investigations.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Work with alerting, monitoring, detection technologies and other log sources available to the Cyber Operations and Intelligence Teams to refine insider threat sequences and investigative procedures
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible insider threat indicators, anomalous activities, and how to distinguish these incidents and events from benign everyday activities
- Use technology, infrastructure and operational processes to enable a more effective user-based threat detection and investigation
- Exercise sound technical, interpersonal and organizational judgment while evaluating and solving complex problems
- Lead the construction of signatures/alerts which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats within the network environment
- Engage with associates across the Capital One enterprise including the Cybersecurity Operations Center, Threat Detection, and Threat Intelligence teams as necessary
- Provide thought leadership to implement best practices to detect malicious insider threat activities in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment
- Collaborate with insider threat operation, investigative, and risk teams to build novel detections, establish repeatable processes, and drive automation for containment and remediation activities
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications for log ingestion and new security products
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of adversary techniques and emerging threats that could adversely impact business activities
- Identify and enhance processes where automation has the potential to improve efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience utilizing Security Information and Event Management applications
- At least 3 years of experience producing investigative or technical reports
- At least 3 years working in a security operations environment, responding to or actioning security alerts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience writing regular expressions or software development
- 2+ years of technical experience with Insider Threat investigations, threat hunting, security operations or supporting an Incident Response Team
- 2+ years of experience in data science and machine learning
- 2+ years of experience writing automated processes in SQL, Python, Bash, or Powershell
- CFCE, CCE, GCIA, GCIH, Security+, EnCE, or CISSP certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $133,200 - $152,000 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Location is San Francisco, California: $141,100 - $161,000 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $112,900 - $128,800 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).