Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Cyber Insider Threat Analyst (Remote - Eligible)
Capital One is looking for an Insider Threat Analyst to join the Cyber Insider Threat and Technical Investigations program. As an Insider Threat Analyst, you will perform monitoring, analysis, and investigation of anomalous behavior using a wide variety of security tools across multiple environments to identify, mitigate, and escalate potential insider threats. Candidates should be able to manage case workflows, document investigative findings, formulate escalation reports, and exercise attention to detail and discretion in sensitive investigative matters. Candidates should also thrive in a cross-functional and dynamic environment, where coordination with partner teams and stakeholders is required. Responsibilities:
- Triage insider threat alerts and referrals from stakeholders including the Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) teams.
- Track and document investigations from initial detection or referral through escalation/resolution.
- Follow investigative processes and procedures, exercising attention to detail and sound technical, interpersonal, and organizational judgment.
- Utilize insider threat tools and cyber logging across several platforms to investigate insider threats and escalate to appropriate stakeholders including the Insider Threat Investigations team (Tier 2), the Office of Corporate Investigations, and Legal as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders and partner teams to ensure timely scoping, evidence collection, case coordination, and escalation.
- Present case artifacts and findings in informal meetings with other Insider Threat analysts and investigators.
- Identify trends, gaps, and opportunities for process/alert improvement, raising these issues to team leads for resolution.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience working in cybersecurity or information technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in the cyber or threat analyst field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $133,200 - $152,000 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Location is San Francisco, California: $141,100 - $161,000 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $112,900 - $128,800 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).