User Support Technician
- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $60,965 – $67,739; https://www.asha.org/careers/asha-jobs/benefits/
- Mar 24, 2023
- Apr 28, 2023
- IT, Help Desk Technician
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to provide support for the organization’s desktop computing environment, including installing and maintaining desktop hardware and software; receiving and logging user support calls; diagnosing and resolving support calls or assigning calls to appropriate staff; and maintaining hardware and software inventory.
- Answers calls and emails to the IS service desk in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner. Logs and updates calls in the service desk tracking system.
- Performs diagnosis and basic troubleshooting for all system service requests related to supported software and hardware.
- Resolves basic hardware, software, and network connectivity problems and provides technical assistance to users. Assigns other calls to appropriate staff.
- Installs, configures, and tests PCs and related peripheral equipment such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and PDAs.
- Performs trouble shooting and repairs to hardware and arranges for outside vendor service when necessary.
- Loads, configures, and tests software such as operating systems, office applications, and communications programs in a LAN environment.
- Maintains software, hardware, and supplies inventory.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining an associate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management.
- One to two years related experience.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge and experience with the configuration and operations of Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with maintenance and replacement of basic PC and printer components.
- Some knowledge of network and Internet connectivity concepts.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications for troubleshooting and evaluation purposes.
- Customer service skills.