Minimum Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Organization Development, Applied Behavioral Science, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Eight (8) years of training and development experience which must include 1 to 3 years of experience in management consulting in training development and analysis or organization development.
Ability to satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this job. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job either with or without reasonable accommodations. Job Summary
The Training and Organization Development (OD) Consultant is responsible for leading and providing guidance in the application and integration of training projects. Other responsibilities include initiating client needs assessments, administering assessments, assessing project feasibility, conducting cost-benefit analyses, and recommending goal-oriented and cost-effective solutions. The incumbent will also manage internal and third party vendor partnerships on delivery of training and OD initiatives. Essential Functions:
- Determines results driven/cost-effective solutions that align with the organizational vision, departmental mission, business strategy, and critical competencies.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
- Provides strategic and tactical leadership in the design and implementation, consultation and support of comprehensive training and OD solutions to assigned client group(s), or other Sr. Consultants, Management, and HR Client Partners.
- Conducts in-depth client needs assessments to identify gaps between current and end state goals.
- Conducts post project assessment to determine effectiveness of recommended solutions.
- Administers corporate succession planning programs.
- Analyzes information using existing tools and creates new tools when necessary.
- Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Confers with management and conducts surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors in order to develop or modify existing programs.
- Designs and implements comprehensive training programs and OD solutions.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Evaluates instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains current knowledge of evolving training programs to ensure optimal employee growth.
- Manages corporate years of service employee recognition program.
- Manages project planning, timelines, and delivery.
- Monitors, evaluates, and records training activities or program effectiveness and develops alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Organizes, develops, obtains, or evaluates training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Plans and coordinates work assignments of professional trainers/external consultants.
- Plans, develops, and provides leadership training and OD programs, using methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Trains instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.