Dewberry has an immediate need for a CAD Designer Intern
to join our Charlotte, NC office
. This position will work in a multi-disciplined team environment with other designers, landscape architects, and professional engineers to prepare site/civil and utility construction drawings. Designing will include use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other software typical for the civil engineering industry. Clients may include, but will not be limited to universities, local government, federal government, municipal government, and private land developers.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide . What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Develop site and grading plans with input from engineer and/or landscape architect.
- Develop plan and profile piping drawings using CAD software.
- Develop civil 3d surfaces and pressure networks using CAD Software.
- Develop stormwater plans in close coordination with senior designers.
- Coordinate drawing sets for multi-disciplinary design team.
- Perform quality reviews of assigned tasks for completeness and accuracy.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- High school diploma required.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Arc Map, ArcGIS and associated design software.
- Strong interest in all phases of Civil Engineering including land development, utilities, water resources, and construction.
- Good communication abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and meticulous with details.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.