Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Product DesignerWe are currently seeking a UX/UI Designer to join our Servicing & Support design team.
We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, world-class products that redefine our customers day-to-day financial activities.
The focus of the Servicing & Support design team is to enable the people and tools that take care of our customers. We design world-class products, services, tools, processes and environments that ensure our customers are supported the right way at the right time in their journey with Capital One. Whether we're creating digital tools for our associates, reducing customer friction in a business process, or standardizing our own information and operations on the phone, in our app, or in a branch, we believe that these experiences deserve exceptional, consumer-grade design quality.
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you. What You'll Do: You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including: Collaboration & Connection
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs, then translating them into engaging, simple, and intuitive design solutions and understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product interface and experience
- Advocating for the customer through human centered design methods, including: discovery, research, ideation, whiteboard sessions, and user testing
- Supporting design-led workshops to engage and build alignment across different partners and teams
- Proactively offers recommendation and solutions by championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Connecting with design community peers in service of learning, sharing, and teaching
Discovery & Delivery
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
- Supporting early product definition by working with partners to participate in discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Demonstrating familiarity with design tools to deliver concepts and enable successful collaboration across teams
- Participate in end-to-end product design by:
- Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies
- Framing problems, determining insights, and defining visual designs to serve customer needs
- Creating process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes
- Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Supporting effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- At least 5 years of experience with User Experience design
- At least 5 years of UI and visual design experience
- Designing for cross-channel experiences
- Comfortable working with Product and Tech partners
- Comfortable presenting work to large audiences and stakeholders
- Experience in both UX and UI work
- Strong experience working closely with developers on implementing designs
- Experience working within a large Enterprise environment and collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Experience with design and prototyping tools, such as: Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe Products
- Experience planning, executing, synthesizing, and presenting research with actionable next steps and recommendations
- Familiarity with working and contributing to and established design system
- Experience designing in multiple channels, including: iOS, Android, Web, and Email
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).