RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Serve as a senior cost analyst responsible for creating, developing, analyzing, and evaluating costs of major and non-major areas of Army acquisition and sustainment.
- The incumbent is responsible for utilizing judgement, contacts within the DoD cost community, and extensive background to perform analysis of organizational issues or concerns and presenting findings to leadership.
- As a team member or analyst, performs task to include organizing, coordinating, and synthesizing the contributions of other analysts, functional areas, and organizations in addition to the incumbents own investigative analysis.
- Perform integrated analysis and cost estimating of Army programs, efforts, and activities as they relate to all phases of the Acquisition life cycle to include: Research and Development, Procurement, and Operations and Sustainment.
- Incumbent will possess expert knowledge of Army Cost Estimating Elements, Cost and Economic Analysis regulations, DoD Financial laws, regulations and guidance, ensuring estimates are in full compliance with policy.
- The incumbent will develop, modify, and validate cost and economic analyses in support of cost effective decision making.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- One-year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Secret Security clearance required.
- Financial Management Certification required.
- This position is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectee must meet position requirements for (insert Functional Area) Certification within 24 months of entrance on duty. The certification completion timeframe may change from 24 months to 60 months upon approval of the DoDI 5000.66.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Experience required
: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.Specialized experience:
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (NH-02). Specialized experience:
Experience performing analysis related to cost and funding requirements. Experience applying analytical concepts and techniques to design and evaluate studies and projects. Experience applying cost and operations research guidance and regulations.This position has a control point of a GS-13 step 5 $126,949.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Cost Estimation and Analysis
Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Life Cycle Logistics position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- This position has a control point of a GS-13 step 5 $126,949.