CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ALL LEVELS):The incumbent will serve as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more child and youth programs and will be accountable for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Provides care/supervision, oversight and accountability for program participants. Assists in preparing age appropriate activities; supervises children and youth during indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events; arranges and serves snacks/meals. Executes work in accordance with policies and regulations. May be required to transport children in government vehicles.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):Performs simple routine tasks following step-by-step instructions. Assists in providing planned activities using prepared curriculum and program materials. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Generates a list of needed supplies and equipment. Attends to the physical needs of the children, as applicable.
If interested in this position please preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11810759 RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone.
- This position requires satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with Air Force and DoD policy, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- This position has physical lifting requirement which requires the incumbent to complete a favorable pre-employment physical.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain, maintain, and provide evidence of current immunizations this includes annual influenza vaccinations and be free of all communicable diseases.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete assigned training, to include Food Handlers certification, within specified time from date hire or assignment to position.
Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- Business Based Action
- Military Spouse Preference
- Outside Applicant Veteran
- Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience: ALL LEVELS
Must be a high school graduate, or equivalent; and be able to provide proof (i.e., diploma or equivalent) for verification. OR
Must be a dependent of a Service Member or a DoD Civilian who is 17 years of age and pursuing a High School Diploma.ANDCY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-02 level working in a group program for children or youth AND
Completion of applicable training modules;OR
30 semester hours above the high school level which included at least 15 semester hours in early childhood education, youth development, or related fields. CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-01 level working in a group program for children or youth AND
Completion of 3 AF modules (or equivalent) AND
AF Orientation Training Program;OR
15 semester hours above the high school level in early childhood education, youth development, or related field. CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
This is an entry level position; no previous experience required. Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does allow for education substitution in order to qualify.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Information on COVID-19 vaccination requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position. This includes providing any supporting documents needed for verification.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire or a dependent of a Service Member or DoD Civilian who is 17 years of age and pursuing a High School Diploma.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to read, speak, and write English.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- Child Development Program will provide 100% child care fee discount for all CYP direct care staff for the first child enrolled in a full-time or regular part-time DAF CDP. A 25% discount will apply for any additional children of direct care staff. Direct care staff must spend a minimum of 75% of their work schedule in the classroom. Please contact local NAF HR Office for additional information.