RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Prepare, maintain, and interpret telemetry records and system.
- Demonstrate proficient skills identifying patient arrhythmias, abnormalities, or significant cardiac baseline changes.
- Interpret cardiac rhythms, reporting potential abnormal rhythms to appropriate staff.
- Oversee cardiac monitoring, including applying electrocardiography leads.
- Monitor EKG equipment and reporting any malfunctions.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation may be required.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- Immunization screening may be required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 40 pounds may be required.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- This position may require the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Selectees may be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, on-call, and/or varying work schedules.
- May be required to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes providing patient care in an inpatient Medical/Telemetry Unit; maintaining telemetry equipment or interpreting cardiac or EKG readings of patients. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).OREducation:
Four full 4-years of education leading to a bachelor's degree in a major field of study appropriate to the specialization of the position (Telemetry), or that included at least 24 semester hours in courses such as biology, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, medical technology or physics. Of the 24 semester hours, at least 12 must have been in a field directly related to the specialization of the position (Telemetry).ORCombination of Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages. EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Position is designated as Mission Essential. The incumbent will be required to report to work during times of contingency operations, natural disasters, extreme weather or other emergency situations.
- This announcement is intended to provide readily available applicants for hard to fill positions as they become vacant. Various vacancies may exist and be filled from this announcement. We accept applications on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be referred to Management as their application packages are received. Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.