RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Development of a Multi-Year Strategic Program Management Plan for CBP.
- Assistance with planning and implementation of Federal continuity directives and guidance.
- Development of materials necessary for development and implementation of a Successor program.
- Development of planning resources necessary to assist CBP offices with continuity planning.
- Developing and implementing policy, plans, and strategies necessary for ensuring the uninterrupted performance of CBP mission essential functions (MEFs).
QualificationsQualifications required: General knowledge of and experience with continuity of operations planning. General knowledge of homeland security, national security, or intelligence functions. Knowledge and mastery of analytical tools, information systems, and methodologies with expert ability to provide authoritative advice to management throughout the Agency for continuity. Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate stakeholder efforts across organizational lines, including the ability to monitor progress on requirements development to ensure that realistic objectives and milestones are established, to clearly assign responsibilities, and to get mission requirements accomplished in a timely manner. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, and to present well-considered and sound suggestions that provide a clear understanding of emergency situations and incidents to ensure effective communications and decision-making during a crisis. Please read the following important information to ensure we have everything we need to consider your application:
- Must be a current Department of Homeland Security employee
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment.
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of "meet expectations/proficiency" on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
- Must complete DHS 250-2 Application Form.? Supervisory signature is required.? Please see "Required Documents" section for form.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit appropriate documentation prior to the closing date. Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant experience as it relates to this Joint Duty assignment opportunity announcement.
Be clear and specific when describing your work history since human resources cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will be rated based on your resume.Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information: Job Title (Include series and grade of Federal Job) Duties (Be specific in describing your duties) Name of Federal agency Supervisor name, email, and phone number Start and end dates including month and year (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008) EducationEDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION:
There is no educational substitution for this position. Additional information**DHS does not offer any additional benefits beyond that which the Federal employee is already receiving.
If the position requires a security clearance, employees must have a SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance to placement AND must maintain that level of clearance while performing in the position.
Selected applicants for a JDA are requested to fulfill the items below during the JDA: Complete the DHS Training Course 15 days prior to the arrival to the JDA. Complete the DHS Joint Duty Assignment Progress Plan to include:
Complete 12 hours of professional development using Skillsoft courses, videos, and books in conjunction with the established assignment objectives for the JDA. Attend each of the DHS Joint Duty Program Director's quarterly webinars (1 hour per quarter).
- Phase 1: Establish assignment objectives within the first 30 days of the JDA.
- Phase 2: Complete a self-assessment of the duties performed at the mid-point of the JDA.
- Phase 3: Complete a final review within the last 30 days of the JDA.