ERP International is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) for a full-time position supporting the Heart, Lung, and Vascular Center at David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2022 Top Workplaces!
Connect With Us! Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 12 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
Pay: $70 - $90 per hour DOE
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
* Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm (40 hours/week)
* Occasional overtime, as needed
* No On-Call
* No Weekends or Holidays
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to assess and monitor cardiology patients.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
• Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Knowledge of professional cardiac care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures.
• Orders, conducts, monitor and interprets diagnostic, laboratory, and pathology evaluations as applicable for the outpatient cardiology population.
• Arranges for cardiology procedures and interventions with the Radiology and Surgery Services when applicable.
• Prescribe and dispense cardiovascular pharmacologic agents and non- pharmacologic therapies as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
• Keeps abreast of latest trends, skills, procedures, and protocols relevant in the area of specialty and serves as a resource person for the medical center staff
• Utilizes and promotes approved standards of care, procedures, methods and techniques, safety precautions, and protocols in their application to the cardiology patient population in all settings.
• Promotes and participates in the delivery of patient and family education on matters of cardiac health.
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Assesses patients clinically for cardiac device/rhythm related issues.
• Willing to assist with device (pacemaker or ICD) interrogation and identification of sub-optimal programming, abnormal findings and/or arrhythmias.
• Demonstrates accountability in the management of device patients.
• Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
• Completes patient's disability and insurance forms as needed
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
• Participates in the orientation of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate
• Skill in setting up, assisting and/or monitoring specialized medical equipment/cardiac studies such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, ECG interpretation, exercise & pharmacologic stress test and/or tilt table, pacemaker/ICD/loop recorder interrogation devices and other unit specific equipment/studies.
• Maintains knowledge and skills to maintain expertise in area of practice. Accepts personal responsibility for ongoing professional development related to Nurse Practitioner competence, including, but not limited to, continuing education related to prescriptive authority, health management and maintains current knowledge of trends in cardiology and clinical medicine.
• Participates in Cardiology Sections clinical research programs when appropriate.
* Education: Completion of an accredited/approved Adult Nurse Practitioner program.
* Experience:Certified as an Acute-Care Nurse Practitioner (Adult- Gerontology Acute Care) with experience in advanced clinical management of cardiology patients with
a minimum of 6 months experience in the past 36 months, to include experience in caring for patients with cardiovascular disease, and experience with rhythm disorders with a minimum of 6 months experience in the past 36 months. OR, certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner with experience in caring for patients with cardiovascular disease, to include experience with rhythm disorders with a minimum of 1 year experience in the past 36 months and experience in caring for patients with pacemaker and implantation with a minimum of 1 year experience in the past 36 months.
* Licensure: 1) Must hold an active, unrestricted license as an ARNP from any state. 2) DEA Registration required.
* Clinical Certification: Certified as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner OR as a Family Nurse Practitioner
* Life Support Certifications: Possess current BLS and ACLS certifications.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.