Temporary Seasonal Lifeguard(Summer & Year Round)Overview
In pursuit of service excellence, the Seasonal Lifeguard provides facility monitoring and lifesaving skills for an aquatic environment for patrons of all ages and backgrounds. This position is vital to enhancing the overall health and well-being of its residents in our community. Each of the City's aquatic facilities provide a growing mix of learn to swim programs, competitive swimming workouts, scuba training, kayaking, water exercise therapy classes, and leisure swimming by families and summer camps; to diverse user groups representing all areas of the community.
. What You Should Bring
Each member of our team is accountable for the outstanding delivery of services to the community. You should possess knowledge of water safety and a love for the water. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean swimming pool environment. You should lead by example, demonstrate a commitment to excellence, deliver exceptional customer experiences, and be available for flexible work assignments in the early morning, mid-day, evenings, and/or weekends.
You will have the support of and work under the direction of the Aquatic Recreation Coordinator and/or Aquatic Recreation Manager II. Opportunity
About the Department
- Observes and enforces pool rules and regulations
- Maintain equipment ensuring that equipment is safe, clean, and in working order and that supplies are adequate for operation of the facility.
- Administer emergency and routine first aid calmly with good judgment during all stressful situations.
- Responds quickly to all emergency situations and follows standardized rescue procedures per Red Cross Lifeguard training.
- Maintains continuous watch on the aquatic facility and participants to prevent injury and minimize or eliminate an aquatic emergency.
- Performs facility opening and closing duties as needed, along with regular facility cleaning throughout the day.
- Responds to customer questions and concerns in a positive and professional matter.
- Function effectively as a team member
- Performs related work as required.
The mission of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities is to enrich the City of Alexandria by creating meaningful experiences through public spaces, cultural activities, and programming. The Department’s vision is to improve the well-being of every person in our community by connecting them to each other and their environment. The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities received national accreditation from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). National accreditation requires park and recreation agencies to meet 155 standards representing elements of effective and efficient park and recreation operations. Minimum & Additional Requirements
CPR/AED and First AID certified from American Red Cross or other nationally recognized certification provider. Lifeguard certification from American Red Cross or other nationally recognized certification provider.Notes
This position requires successful completion of a criminal records background check prior to employment.