Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Business Analyst - People Strategy and Analytics
People Strategy & Analytics is an emerging field where Capital One is on the leading front. Our team brings data, analytics, and insights to shape critical talent decisions and strategy at Capital One. We work closely with HR partners and senior executives in shaping talent policy, automating real-time data and improving talent decision-making. The team is comprised of people with diverse skills and backgrounds including: data analysts and engineers, product managers, data scientists, consultants and strategists, business analysts, HR specialists, economists, and Industrial Organizational Psychologists.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to solve open-ended, complex questions about how we should attract, develop, and retain top talent. You will team up with world-class professionals and senior leadership and work on impactful projects. Your day-to-day might involve:
- Using data to help executives set ambitious but achievable diversity goals
- Building models to predict attrition, and testing new retention strategies
- Designing new ways to understand and measure associate potential
- Developing analyses and tools to help Capital One source and hire the best talent
...and you will do it all in a collaborative environment that promotes continuous learning, rewards innovation, and prioritizes your development.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic problem solving: Identify high impact opportunities to transform the associate experience, conduct analysis, and share insights that inform solutions
- Design: Drive and build key programs and analytics solutions for our partners, including measurement strategy, attribution modeling, and automated insights
- Experimentation: Partner with clients in experiment design to better understand key drivers of associate behavior
- Insights & analysis: Analyze the impact of our programs and combine those insights with the latest thinking in organizational science to help our clients make data-driven, informed decisions
Successful Team Members Demonstrate Competencies In These Areas
- Purpose: You feel a deep personal connection to improving the associate experience and are motivated by applying advanced analytics in a mission-driven way
- Analytical thinking: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation. Identify opportunities for improvement and use data to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Execution: Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, support implementation efforts, and develop plans and tools for monitoring outcomes
- Partnership: Collaborate effectively with other team members and clients in HR
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills, including visualization skills (i.e., able to "tell the story" and highlight key insights in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood by stakeholders)
- Results focus: Drives for results and achieves important goals applying strong organizational skills and detail orientation, even amidst ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).