RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Performs minor grounds maintenance to include ensuring entrances and exits are free from debris, sidewalks are clear of ice/snow, and surfaces under playground structures are maintained according to safety requirements.
- Position requires the skills and knowledge to perform a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, and related structures, fixtures, and utilities.
- Ensures children and youth know how to safely evacuate the bus. Practices bus evacuation following prescribed procedures with children and youth on a monthly basis. Documents all drills in writing.
- Employee is responsible to notify the supervisor of obvious hazards, malfunctioning equipment, damaged materials, and other situations that may impact work operations.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.Drives outside in all kinds of weather in a controlled traffic environment throughout a military installation.Exposed to dirt and fumes.Also works in a kitchen setting and exposed to the possibility of cuts
QualificationsHigh school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma. Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner. Experience in accomplishing the types of duties described in this job. Requires a valid state driver's license (Requires a valid state driver's license to operate a 15 passenger vehicle OR Requires a commercial drivers license (CDL) with no restrictions to operate a 24 passenger vehicle.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
- Schedule includes irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors under different types of weather conditions.
- Physical effort in reaching, bending, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, and legs. There is a requirement to lift and carry items up to 40 pounds frequently and items that are heavier with the assistance of other employees or lift equipment.
- This position requires mandatory drug testing.
The full position description can be found here . Additional information The original close date of 2/21/2023 was extended due to a low applicant pool. Referrals may be sent upon request.
Area of Consideration
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) Proof of education is required at the time of application.
. Manual Application
Allowances, Incentives and PCS Costs:
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
For more information on working with Child and Youth Services, please go here (: https://www.armymwr.com/cys-careers/professions )
- This is a Full Time position with a minimum workweek of 40 hours and eligible for benefits.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .