is currently seeking a Federal Market Lead, Architecture, who will be responsible for
sales and helping us to further our existing Federal customer relationships and contracts, expand new relationships and contract opportunities, as well as grow our partner affiliations with small businesses and general contractors. This position reports directly to the President of Dewberry Architects Inc.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services and construction firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
We expect our Federal Market Lead, Architecture to:
- Support Dewberry with expanding their relationships, client management capabilities, project delivery, and portfolio related to Federal civilian and DOD clients, including vertical design and construction services.
- Support the expansion of design- build opportunities in collaboration with the firm's Design Build Program and other internal resources.
- Collaborate with other Dewberry Federal Team Members and resources to maximize enterprise-wide effectiveness.
- Develop partner relationships with other design firms, general contractors, and teaming partners, especially small-business companies, to expand opportunities.
- Coordinate with Dewberry Market Segment and Service Line Leaders, Capture Managers and Program/Project Managers to position for Federal opportunities by generating leads; participating in go/no-go decisions; identifying teaming and joint venture partners, and developing capture strategies.
- Support Dewberry in the development of Federal solicitation responses, across a broad range of disciplines and project types, as well as CONUS and OCONUS.
- Lead the development and execution of Federal marketing materials to support Dewberry's architectural services.
- Leverage all of Dewberry services and capabilities to expand our client relationships, project opportunities, and participate in recruiting new staff.
- Increase Dewberry's visibility through active participation at Federal Government related national and regional industry events and identify other opportunities for Dewberry to expand its presence with potential clients and partners.
Required Skills & Required Experience Qualifications:
- 10 years of leadership and experience working directly with or for Federal agencies on design and design-build contracts.
- 5 years of experience preparing winning technical and price proposal responses to Federal Government RFPs using Best Value Trade-Off selection processes.
- 5 years of experience delivering planning and design services for Federal facilities contracts, including those for standalone projects and IDIQs (civilian and/or defense).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to easily convey complex solutions to a variety of audiences.
- High energy. Must be enthusiastic about Dewberry and our people, markets segments, and services.
- Diplomatic and persuasive. Able to influence clients and develop strong business relationships in the Federal Market.
- Excellent team building skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to travel to represent Dewberry.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction, or related field.
- Must either hold, or have the ability to, obtain a DoD Clearance.
Citizenship Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check. Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
- Dewberry will consider candidates in any office location, with preference for Fairfax, VA.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.