- Capstone On-Campus Management
- College Park, Maryland
- $18.00-$20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
- Mar 14, 2023
- Apr 18, 2023
- Real Estate / Property Management
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Reports To: Associate Director Maintenance Operations
Location: South Campus Commons at The University of Maryland College Park, MD
Compensation: $18.00-$20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for the Maintenance Department of a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, report creation and generation, scheduling contractors, enforcing site and company policies, communicating effectively, managing keys, providing customer service, and project-based work. Projecting a professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as central communication hub for SCC Facilities Office and has high office visibility.
- Communicates directly with residents including emails, phone, and face to face conversations.
- Answers resident inquiries and ensures that residents questions/problems have been handled properly.
- Organizes work orders and ensure work orders have been closed.
- Assist Assistant Director of Facilities Operations with all key operations as needed.
- Maintains office organization and creates a welcoming environment for residents.
- Assists Associate Director and Assistant Director of Facilities Operations with all turn related operations.
- Administratively support the office including preparing all reports as needed.
- Inspect units as needed during turn process.
- Communicate and assist contractors as needed.
- Facilitates an appropriate level of responsiveness and communication to understand resident needs and maintain effective customer service.
- Analyzes situations and develops possible solutions and recommendations for consideration
- Skill in the use of computerized office systems and software programs that perform word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
Directly supervises the Student Facilities Community Assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience in related field.
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Successful applicant must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings such as background check, MVR, and drug screens.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.