Communications Project Manager
- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $84,695 – $94,106; https://www.asha.org/careers/asha-jobs/benefits/
- Mar 14, 2023
- Apr 18, 2023
- Project Manager and PMP
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The Communications Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to collaborate with staff on the development and management of activities to inform and engage two audiences: 1) external communications focused on ASHA members and 2) internal communications directed towards staff.
The Communications Project Manager works closely with the Senior Director, Membership & Communication and the Membership team, and related Communications team leaders and the CSO for Communications as needed. The incumbent applies communications experience, expertise, and skills to achieve team priorities and objectives, and those of the ASHA National Office. Occasional travel may be required.
- Establish and foster collaborative partnerships with National Office units to develop and execute information and outreach campaigns directed to members.
- Provide communications expertise to assist staff and volunteer leaders in developing integrated communications strategies.
- Support strategic communications planning and project management support for rollouts of individual campaigns and ASHA-wide initiatives, including managing workflow, clearly communicating status updates, and adhering to timelines.
- Coordinate with staff to ensure branding and messaging consistency to internal and external audiences.
- Assist with message and content development and advise on the selection of appropriate communications platforms and channels.
- Collaborate across the Communications Group to assist with the successful execution of activities.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- B.A./B.S. degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of seven years of communications-related experience in non-profit/association, consulting, or agency environments.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing integrated communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience using multiple and diverse communications channels and media, including social media to engage audiences and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated project management experience and clear understanding of how to deliver on cross-team collaborative projects.
- A broad knowledge of health care, education, and/or science.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Skilled communications strategist assisting with identifying and managing issues, goal setting, message development and packaging, and campaign ROI.
- Knows how to develop, plan, and implement integrated communications campaigns, leveraging multiple and diverse information channels and digital media.
- Demonstrated understanding of data management and analysis.
- Experience conducting informational interviews.
- Understands and recognizes how visual components can strengthen or detract from outreach and audience engagement.
- Versatile writer; can write well/quickly in a variety of formats (talking points, web copy, eblasts, blog posts).
- Capable and effective public speaker with experience speaking before groups and making presentations.
- Experience managing consultant relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Passionate about relationship building and cross-functional collaboration; ability to foster positive, collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Adept at gathering and synthesizing information quickly, completely, clearly, and accurately from diverse stakeholders, set priorities, and facilitate team discussions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Innately organized and a self-starter with strong project and time management skills.