- At NEXCOM, may act as Branch Manager as required. At field locations, serves as the principal advisor to the supported Exchanges and District Manager on all acquisitions and contracting matters. In both situations, they may supervise support staff.
- Responsible for all procurement actions for Pre-Award, Award, and Post-Award from the cradle to the grave, including but not limited to: Procurement planning; Source Selection; Large Contracts; Contracting by Negotiation; Cost and Price Analysis; Contract Administration; Terminations and Claims; Simplified Acquisition and Micro Purchase.
- Conducts special studies; develops and implements prototype solicitation packages for unique supplies and services requiring innovative, specialized, and nonstandard acquisition action such as third-party funded construction efforts, ADP systems, real estate leases and system-wide contracts; evaluate the effectiveness of new techniques.
- Serves as Contracting Officer with signatory authority of $50M for Food Concession Revenue Type Contracts, $25M for all other Revenue Type Contracts and $10M for Non-resale (expense) Contracts.
- Develops, formulates and implements plans, policies, procedures and standards applicable to worldwide consortium and regional buying/acquisition functions.
- Presents NEXCOM's position to Contract Review Board and senior procurement personnel regarding solicitation requirements, proposal analysis, detailed cost and price analysis for determination of fair and reasonable pricing; prepares breakdown and evaluation of merits of offers and makes recommendations for award.
- Reviews and prepares comments on procurement policy directives and procedures proposed by OFPP, DOD, DON, and NAVSUP.
- Writes, interprets, and implements procurement policy for new regulatory guides, changes, or revisions to methods of operations for the Command.
Performs other related duties as assigned. For the detailed job description, please visit our website listed below.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required. RequirementsConditions of Employment Candidate must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. A one-year probationary period will be required upon selection. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment. If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS E-verify system. Federal Law requires verifying eligibility of all new hires. The Navy Exchange Service Command is an E-Verify Participant. Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens. Candidates/Incumbents must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance. QualificationsSpecialized Experience:
Three years of progressive contracting experience (government or private sector) which provided the candidate to demonstrate the ability to execute a majority of the following: negotiate and award technical, or complex purchase requirements; prepare and issue request for proposals; conduct negotiations with offertory; independently prepare appropriate correspondence; knowledge of competitive range determinations; independently evaluate proposals and prepare contract action/contract review board memorandums; present case to award large purchases to contract review board; debrief unsuccessful offertory and/or independently prepare appropriate documentation to provide debriefing information to unsuccessful offerors. Education
A 4-year Baccalaureate degree, in any field.OR
At least 24 semester hours in business disciplines including, accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.OR
Current associates in 1102 series positions on January 1, 2000, will be considered to have met the general requirements for this position. Additional informationBENEFITS
2023 Open Enrollment Video: https://www.nafhealthplans.com/video-library .
Retirement Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxeYoK8As4&feature=youtu.be .