Seeking a dynamic senior programmer analyst to join our Land Development Enterprise solutions team of software developers to promote innovation, support county services, energize overall technology, develop and maintain Information technology systems, and provide secure, agile and sustainable technology infrastructure. This includes platforms, software, tools, application development methodologies, and database design and/or web-based environments to support business operations. Provides direction and advice to team to facilitate a wide range of systems and analysis work In the development, implementation, and maintenance of distributed computer applications, COTS product, and subscription service (cloud) solutions having multiple environments. Conducts programing, develops complex reports, and assists with the preparation of application specifications. Serves on solution selection committees and facilitates or leads major system/project initiatives. Develops COOP for accountable systems and ensures systems are working in a 24 x 7 environment. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Fairfax County Department of Information Technology is ranked in the top tier in the "Digital County" survey by the Center for Digital Government (CDG) and the National Association of Counties (NACo); in the Top Ten for the past fourteen years, Top Five in thirteen of those years, and #1 four times including 2015 in the 500,000 or more-population category. Our goal is to promote innovation, support county services, energize overall technology, develop and maintain information technology systems, and provide secure, agile and sustainable technology infrastructure.
Serves as advanced technical expert and/or technical team lead accountable for work of advanced complexity involving application and data development. Provides technical and operational support primarily to several county agencies related to Land Planning and Development. Duties include:
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Facilitates or leads major system/project initiatives with responsibility for multiple solutions and manages IT project implementation efforts.
- Develops business solutions by performing all phases of systems development life cycle to include identifying business requirements, analyzing, selecting or designing technical solutions, supervising the development of computer programs and procedures, programming code or configurations, testing, and conversion.
- Prepares and maintains systems development and operational documentation.
- Serves as team leader or supervisor of employee and/or contractor programmers, developers, data analysts and other members of assigned team (s). Span of technology assets associated with work includes platforms, software, tools, application development methodologies, and databases and/or web-based environments.
- Performs advanced systems analysis tasks and proposes complex solution design and provides technical direction or advice to staff and/or contract programmer/analysts on a wide range of analysis work in the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications, interfaces and data reporting: custom developed, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products and subscription service (cloud) solutions that may be on multiple environments.
- Develops complex reports.
- Advises team, users, and management.
- Assists with the preparation of specifications for RFPs and/or task orders and serves on solution selection committees.
- Supervises the work of teams and executes applicable administrative and procurement processes.
- Evaluates staff and vendor performance and determines training and knowledge transfer needs.
- Maintains skills and knowledge of applications development practices, business applications, diverse platforms and architectures, and emerging technologies.
- Supports IT governance committees by preparing and making presentations and providing information.
- Participates in development of COOP for accountable systems.
- Performs other duties as required.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in information systems, computer technology, business, economics, or a related field; lus four years of programming/analysis experience, including one year of team lead or supervisory experience in a complex information systems or automated business environment.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date.Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Work is generally sedentary, performed in a normal office environment. Requires the ability to operate keyboard driven equipment and ability to read and transfer handwritten and typed material to terminal. Requires visual acuity. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home ( Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov