Senior Software Development Engineer Canada Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
Designs, develops, and enhances cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) web-based clinical trials applications. Responsibilities
• Designs, develops, and enhances cloud-based, SaaS web-based clinical trials applications
• Collaborates with product, engineering and software quality assurance (SQA) team members for integration, design, and verification in an agile environment
• Adheres to best practices and Emmes quality standards for code security, optimization, and reusability
• Uses established frameworks for a seamless user experience across platforms
• Performs unit testing, debugging, and troubleshooting as needed to ensure quality of work
• Performs code reviews, assesses regression impact for design changes, and completes technical documentation
• Identifies opportunities for refactoring/reworking major modules and sees implementation through to deployment
• Mentors junior team members Experience
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 or more years of related professional experience
• Expertise in developing Single Page Applications (SPA)
• Expertise with GraphQL clients like Apollo
• Expertise with authentication and data caching
• Expertise in web platform development tools like Node.js, Express, AWS Amplify,
AWS Lambda, AppSync, and GraphQL
• Expertise in API security
• Expertise with DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, or other relational database management system
• Experience with source code repositories like AWS CodeCommit, Git/GitHub, or SVN
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC