Project Control Analyst Rockville, MD & Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Project Control Analyst works with internal project leaders and liaises with the Contracts Department to forecast, monitor and report on project expenditures. This job performs financial reporting on a project/contracts level. The Project Control Analyst, in coordination with the Contracts Department, also supports the project team in the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of subcontractor, consultant, clinical site and vendor agreements and expenditures. Responsibilities
May perform one or more of the following dependent on job level:
- Performs all aspects of planning, tracking, analysis and reporting for projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and levels of risk, while complying with overarching financial policies & procedures.
- Forecasts and identifies variances from project plans and pricing; manage change orders and required pricing adjustments; provide first-level financial analysis to Project Leads; and take proactive steps to manage project Cost/Schedule/Performance via liaising between Contracts and Project Leads
- Develops and maintains both revenue recognition and management of Estimates to Complete (ETCs), Estimates at Completion (EACs), burn rate analyses, and related cost analyses.
- Responsible for numerous financial reports detailing monthly progress of the project limited to project setup, reviewing budgets, receivables and open commitments, monthly closing information, risk analysis, analytical support, and project cost variances.
- Works alongside Project Leads to maintain project budgets including monthly budgeted vs. actual cost analysis; create financial forecasts based upon input from the Project Leads; maintain forecasting reports; and identify and communicate any risks such as cost overruns, under spending, vacancy issues etc. to the project leads.
- Reviews monthly billing for accuracy and potential issues and researches and takes or recommends actions or correct issues identified. Potential identifiable issues include but are not limited to: costs charged to a contract where the POP has ended, inaccurate revenue and profit recognition, unapproved workforce charging, etc.
- Prepares internal and external reports on the financial status of assigned projects, including documentation and pricing in support of contract modifications and change control process throughout the project life cycle.
- Serves as the project control liaison to provide cost control analysis support between Corporate F&A and other company business units/departments; perform ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Develop, manage, and report cost/schedule baseline data analysis, and report formats in support of contracts
- Prepares presentation of financial status and performance as regular updates for operations meetings, for project management on at least monthly basis, and for Research Unit reviews on a quarterly basis
- Performs subcontractor and purchase order management activities including preparing purchase requisitions, processing of invoices, and preparation of accruals for projects which use the PCA job. Jobs without the PCA will continue to use the contracts group.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning, processing, submitting, and reconciling clinical site payments as needed per project.
- Performs ad hoc reporting requested by either Project Leads or Contract Managers
- Other duties as assigned.
Emmes only requires all US new hires in the following job categories to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment: (i) Clinical Research Associates (CRAs), (ii) Associate CRAs, and (iii) all CRA line managers. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- BA/BS (Business, Accounting or Finance degree preferred)
- 2 years' experience in budgeting, finance and /or Federal/Commercial contracts management
- Experience with various types of contracts, subcontracts, or grants to include Cost Reimbursable contracts, Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and Time and Material (T&M) contracts
- Experience working with or for a Contract Research Organization (CRO) a plus, especially within some clinical trials and/or pharmaceuticals setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work comfortably with budgets and multiple company departments.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and data analysis software packages. Familiarity with Microsoft Access and Project.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.