- US DISTRICT COURT CLERKS OFF
- Alexandria, Virginia
- Mar 10, 2023
- Apr 14, 2023
- Government and Public Services, State & Local
- Part Time
U.S. District Court
The Clerk’s Office of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia is comprised of over 100 professional staff providing administrative and operational support to more than 25 federal judges located across four geographical divisions. The District enjoys a friendly and talented staff, an interesting and evolving workload, and excellent agency relationships across all branches of the U.S. Government.
This position is organized in the Administrative section of the U.S. District Court Clerk’s Office with responsibilities that concentrate on procurement functions and some facilities coordination in the Alexandria division and provide backup to the other divisions as needed. The incumbent will primarily perform procurement activities, which include the sourcing, purchase, and management of necessary supplies, furnishings, services, and equipment (including automation hardware and software for the combined District Court and Probation Office IT unit) for the Clerk’s Office and judges’ chambers. Additional duties include maintaining inventory records and performing internal audits across all divisions. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of the guidelines, policies, procedures, and internal controls related to procurement and act as a resource to management and staff on policy compliance matters. Limited travel to other divisions as needed. Situational telework may be available per policy at the discretion of the Court.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assess requests for goods and services, ensuring they are allowable under limitations, restrictions, and policies. Verify availability of funds for items being purchased. Notify Budget Administrator when reprogramming of funds as necessary.
• Provide recommendations regarding competition threshold purchase requests for equipment, supplies, miscellaneous services, and furnishings.
• Maintain lists of vendors and sources of supply for goods and services. Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities, as well as reputation and history.
• Procure supplies, equipment, services, and furnishings through sole source purchases, competitive bids, or existing government contracts.
• Plan and coordinate time and delivery of purchases. Receive deliveries and maintain invoices/packing slips as appropriate for procured furniture and equipment items.
• Prepare spreadsheets and databases and utilize automated systems to track expenditures.
• Review, evaluate, verify, and process invoices and prepare payment requests.
• Prepares vouchers related to various expenses incurred by the court, court staff, and others performing work for the court in accordance with applicable policies and governing guidelines. Enter voucher data into accounting systems and electronic spreadsheets as necessary.
• Update and maintain the record inventory listing of accountable property in accordance with local policy and conduct inventory reconciliation. Ensure the redistribution/disposition of excess equipment and furnishings is consistent with existing guidelines. Monitor internal transfers of all equipment and furnishings. Perform required audits on accountable property in accordance with the Guide.
• Adhere to the Guide to Judiciary Policy, Judiciary Procurement Program, and internal controls.
• Assist with monitoring and coordinating day-to-day facilities maintenance issues.
• Prepare specifications, solicitations, and requests for qualifications/proposals. Obtain and review competitive bids, quotes, and proposals from vendors/contractors.
• Negotiate with vendors for best cost. Coordinate with selected vendors for service delivery. Serve as a liaison between contractors and the contracting office.
• Issue Reimbursement Work Authorizations (RWA’s) for all GSA required work for the district. Maintain and review prior and current RWA’s as requested. Coordinate with GSA with regards to RWA payments.
• Coordinate with IT, Courtroom Tech and Training regarding issuance of form boiler plate contracts. Review statement of work, schedule C and terms and conditions prior to solicitation or contract acceptance.
• Prepare and issue annual contracts for contractual court reporters and contractual court interpreters. Maintain running list database of eligible interpreters for multiple languages for district-wide use.
• Remain generally knowledgeable of federal government facilities policies and guidelines.
This position is full time with benefits. Please review the full job announcement and applications procedures at https://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/jobs