Assistant Manager, AV Systems and Classroom Support
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland
- Mar 10, 2023
- Apr 14, 2023
- Maintenance and Repair
- Full Time
Position title: Assistant Manager, AV Systems and Classroom Support
Position #: 128165
The Assistant Manager of AV Systems and Classroom Support works within the Academic Innovation and Technology team to lead campus-wide Tier 2 operations for the AV Specialist team that supports the AV systems approximately 350 General Purpose Classrooms and additional department spaces. The assistant manager is responsible for maintenance, repair, installation of new AV systems, and for supervision and training of the AV Specialist and Field Tech student staff teams. As a member of a dynamic team, this individual will lead a team that provides a high quality of customer service, will maintain AV systems to ensure operability and reliability, will manage projects to install complex AV systems under constantly changing and demanding timelines, and collaborate with key groups to direct the future of AV systems and classroom support on campus.
We are looking for a passionate, highly driven individual who has great project management, communications, multi-tasking, and AV troubleshooting skills. The assistant manager will work under the general supervision of the Manager of AV Systems and Classroom Support and will be a member of the office of Academic Innovation and Technology at the Division of Information Technology. This person is driven and shows leadership to its group and other groups to work towards the goal of providing a high quality teaching environment to campus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field with a technical focus (i.e., audio/visual engineering, electrical engineering, industrial arts); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
5 years experience working with complex AV systems, including 2 years of supervisory experience, leading a team and/or leading a project team. Additional related experience where one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the full performance of the work of the job may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis with one year of experience being equivalent to 30 college credits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of analog and digital technology; electronics; audio and video systems and equipment; computer operation; media control systems (preferably Crestron); and video teleconferencing.
- Ability to operate, build, modify, install, test, and repair customized complex electronic and AV systems to meet unique needs.
- Driven by standards of excellence and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to foster faculty enthusiasm for and engagement in the use of innovative technologies for teaching.
- Ability to build good rapport across all levels within the organization as one of the core responsibilities is to analyze, assess and provide training solutions to a variety of situations.
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity and commitment. Ability to work in a busy environment and on own initiative, be self-motivated and flexible
- Strong organizational and project management skills to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service skills to handle high pressure situations while effectively troubleshooting with customers.
- Committed to customer satisfaction: exceptional skills in collaboration, consultation, communication, customer support, data analysis, and time management.
Preferred: AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range $85,000-$95,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Must be able to operate test equipment, machinery, and AV equipment; use power tools; lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs; work at heights using ladders and scaffolding; and drive a motor vehicle. May be required to work outside of normally scheduled working hours when needed (i.e. early mornings, late evenings, and weekends).
Best consideration date: 03/30/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/105249
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.