Dewberry has an opportunity for an experienced project manager to serve as the Senior Project Manager
in the Fairfax, VA office with flexible work hours and the ability for part-time telework. This individual will report to the roadway department manager, lead major project design efforts, and coordinate with transportation leadership staff in Virginia and Maryland. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing roadway and infrastructure design, calculations, preparation of contract documents, and engineering support during construction. They will also act as a Project Manager or Design Manager for large or complex projects, and act as a client manager for one or more public agencies. Typical projects involve private, locality, and state agency clients in the transportation market. The selected candidate will be heavily involved in staff professional development, growth, retention and recruiting, mentoring, training, quality management, project management practices, and contribute to sales and revenue generation of the business unit.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Provide direction, guidance, and inspiration to transportation design staff.
- Successfully perform as Project Manager (design-bid-build) or Design Manager (design-build) of large, complex jobs.
- Staff project teams with the right number and type of skill sets to contribute to successful delivery.
- Collaborate proactively and productively with other project managers.
- Conduct business development activities, proposal writing, and oversight.
Required Skills & Required Experience
In accordance with applicable Executive Order 14042 and related requirements, all prospective hires for this position , performing work for the federal government, will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or qualify for an exemption to this vaccination requirement. Such proof of vaccination, or written request for exemption, will be required, following receipt of written offer.
- BS in Engineering with 10+ years of highway engineering and project management experience.
- Project management success for mid- and large-scale projects for VDOT is required. Experience with localities in Northern Virginia is desired (Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, etc.).
- Experience as a Design-Manager on design-build project(s) is preferred.
- Professional Engineer in Virginia is required.
- Experience writing successful proposals and leading client presentations is required.
- Strong interpersonal and effective leadership skills.
- Understanding of transportation design software is required.
- Local travel and a clean driving record are required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.