Research Budget Coordinator
- Arnold & Porter
- Washington D.C.
- Mar 09, 2023
- Apr 13, 2023
- Financial Services and Banking
- Full Time
The Research Services Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Research Budget Coordinator. This is a hybrid position in our Washington, DC office. The Research Budget Coordinator works as part of a firmwide team to support the financial functions of Research Operations, including expense accounting, variance reporting, budget data collection, and various invoicing responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the monthly variance process:
- Reviewing and recording actual costs in Research Services applications to identify budget variances.
- Identifying miscoded expenses and obtaining reclassifications.
- Creating monthly variance spreadsheets and preliminary analysis for the Director.
- Assisting the Director with annual budget and revised plan.
- Processing transactional expenses and chargebacks to the appropriate client matter or practice group.
- Supporting collection services by performing some or all of the following tasks for the DC office:
- Establishing and maintaining effective vendor relationships and working with vendors to rectify billing issues.
- Processing invoices, recording data in acquisitions databases, and allocating client-matter charges.
- Participating in collection review projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related subject preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a library, preferably law or business.
- Strong Excel skills and expert facility with formulas and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to coordinate large amounts of data.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude working with numbers.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional client service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.