Program Associate, National Grassroots Advocacy
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
The Program Associate is a member of NACHC’s National Grassroots Advocacy team. The Program Associate is responsible for managing the daily grassroots advocacy requests and program details. The successful candidate will work diligently with the advocacy team and overall division to ensure access to affordable, quality, and equitable health care.
What You Will Do:
- Under the leadership of the Director of National Grassroots Advocacy, manage the day-to-day work of the Advocacy Center of Excellence (ACE) Program, including application review, maintenance of the ACE webpages and master lists, and welcome packets.
- Work with the Deputy Director of National Advocacy to promote the ACE Program, reward/recognize ACE Health Centers, and continue to build a sustainable program.
- Regularly monitor and perform maintenance on HC Advocacy and National Health Center Week websites for needed content updates.
- Assist with the administration of National Health Center Week sponsorships.
- Manage National Health Center Week online event portal.
- Manage all external advocacy data requests, and internal data reporting as necessary/requested.
- Organize, schedule/coordinate, and provide logistical support for events, including webinars, conference sessions, department meetings, and other events as assigned.
- Provide support and assist with the preparation of advocacy elements of P&I and CHI.
- Work with Deputy Director and other division colleagues to produce a monthly Spanish advocacy newsletter.
- Support the development and preparation of materials and resources to educate health centers, partners, and other stakeholders/audiences on advocacy issues.
- Provide project management support, as needed.
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Previous work experience with Community Health Centers and/or primary care associations is preferred but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook); familiarity with online advocacy tools is a pl
- Experience with program development and management is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to engage at a high level with issues of racial equity and
- Commitment to NACHC's mission and
- Recognition of the importance of interdepartmental coordination and communication, and of the need to keep leadership informed of problems.