- The Universities at Shady Grove
- Rockville, Maryland
- Mar 08, 2023
- Apr 12, 2023
- IT, Management
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Position Number: 119712
Payroll Title: Manager
Functional Title: Manager, Academic Innovations, Audio Visual (A/V) Technologies
Category: Exempt Regular
Location: The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD 20850
Posting Date: 03/06/2023
Best Consideration Date: 03/24/2023
Open until Filled: Yes
The Manager, Academic Innovation Audio Visual (A/V) Technologies works within the Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG’s) Office of Information Technology, bridging academics and technology innovative services, and advancing instructional technology environments.
Reporting to the Associate Director of USG’s Technology Service and Support team, the Manager provides leadership to various teams working towards the goal of providing a high-quality teaching environment at USG’s Rockville campus. This position is responsible for innovating and implementing cutting edge technologies to advance audio visual academic services. The Manager will develop, design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure audio visual technology capacity meets existing and future requirements. Serves as acting Associate Director as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years audio visual (AV) technologies, systems integration, end user support experience required; experience with Polycom and Crestron systems, Zoom; minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, manage, and support network environments Ability to solve technical, managerial and operational problems Skills in technology consulting, including problem solving, and evaluating options Knowledge of analog and digital technology, electronics, audio and video systems and equipment, computer operation, networking and video teleconferencing (Polycom, WebEx, Zoom, etc.). Knowledge of configuring, supporting and maintaining various audio-visual technologies and control systems Knowledge of Crestron (media control systems), Shure (microphones), Cleartouch (touch monitors), Clevertouch (touch monitors), Epson (projectors), QSC (ceiling speakers), Biamp (audio processors) Written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users Ability to work both independently and as part of a team Organizational and work prioritization skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks Skills in customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field with a technical focus (i.e., audio/visual engineering, electrical engineering, industrial arts) Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification Higher education, hotel or conference center experience Management experience directly with AV support staff Experience leading large projects
- This position is located in Rockville, Maryland. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
May operate test equipment, machinery, and AV equipment; use power tools; lift up to 50 lbs; work at heights using ladders and scaffolding; Will be required to work outside of normally scheduled working hours when needed (i.e. early mornings, late evenings, and weekends).
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please visit: