The Washington Post Production facility is in need of motivated and dependable individuals to join our part-time, on call production team as a Utility Mailer. We offer flexible scheduling, generous benefits, competitive wages, and you get to work in an innovative, creative, and friendly work environment.
• Assemble, mail and dispatch newspapers.
Schedule: Varies days, afternoons, and nights
• Lift and stack bundles weighing up to 30 pounds
• Transports skids of newspapers and inserts using a forklift/electric jack/deep reach
• Handles/transfers newspapers by loading trucks with forklift or electric jack
• Manually place bundles of paper, weighing up to 30 pounds, on and take off of conveyor belt
• Operate conveyor belt controls
• Feed stacks of papers into inserting machine
• Run and repair collating and inserting machines
• Change spools of materials weighing up to 50 pounds with the use of lifting tools
• Wraps and bundles utilizing machine
• Mechanically operates various electro-mechanical machinery that bundles, wraps, straps, and palletizes bundles of paper
• Dispatch materials to various locations in the rack
• Enter, verify, and monitor a dispatch information utilizing computer
• Cut metal and plastic bands from around skids
• Prepares product by fanning or jogging to separate and feeds in to machine
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous manufacturing experience a plus
Ability to work in a fast paced noisy environment
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?