Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
KippsDeSanto Associate - Capital Markets Advisory
KippsDeSanto & Co. ("KDC"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital One, is seeking to hire an Investment Banking Associate to support its mergers and acquisitions ("M&A") advisory practice within the Aerospace, Defense, and Government Technology sectors. KDC is focused on providing comprehensive transaction advisory services - primarily M&A, private financing, and strategic advisory - to middle market defense and technology companies.
Our Associates perform critical functions throughout the entire transaction process, from helping to prepare clients for market, engaging with potential buyers, and facilitating due diligence to ultimately closing the deal. The position offers substantial opportunities to gain financial and technical expertise, professional development, and upward mobility, while taking on a substantial amount of responsibility in transaction execution, client management, and new business development. General responsibilities include:
- Preparing, analyzing, and explaining historical and projected financial information
- Managing and assisting in the preparation of financial models and business valuations
- Conducting industry and company-specific business due diligence
- Creating client marketing presentations, memoranda, and deliverables
- Attending client meetings
- Drafting and collaborating on pitch presentations
- Developing an understanding of the underlying trends that affect the Aerospace, Defense, and Government Technology industries
- Coordinating and managing the creation of industry research publications
- Assisting in the development and continued cultivation of client, prospective client, and professional advisor relationships
- Assisting in the management and mentoring of Analyst team members
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of investment banking, private equity, or transaction advisory experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics
- Financial modeling experience, to include DCF and LBO
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of general accounting and finance principles
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a passion for excellence
- A working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software programs
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).