Marketing Content Manager
5 days left
- Bowie State University
- Bowie, Maryland
- Mar 02, 2023
- Apr 06, 2023
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Marketing Content Manager
Bowie State University
$65,000 - $75,000
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Content Manager is responsible for developing cross-channel marketing content, copy and strategies to drive brand awareness, enrollment, and engagement for the University. The position requires regular collaboration with internal and external marketing and communications professionals to guide adherence to brand standards, publication policies, and alignment with the university’s strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of UX (User Experience) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices with specific experience designing and optimizing digital content strategies to expand engagement and discoverability of the university’s marketing content.
- Take the lead in ensuring that all developed content (internal and external) meets the highest editorial standards in style, grammar, and usage.
- Serve as the primary copywriter, copyeditor/proofreader of marketing and communications campaign content to ensure quality and accuracy of internal and external messaging.
- Write content for a variety of purposes, audiences, and platforms including but not limited to print and digital advertisements, email and website copy, social media posts, video and audio scripts, articles, and reports.
- Interpret complex topics and presents them effectively; adapts style, tone, and word choice to various media.
- Collaborate across internal and external teams and divisions to direct and guide compliance with university brand standards, and editorial style guides across all published content.
- Manage the ongoing review of content across channels in collaboration with subject matter experts to ensure continued accuracy, timeliness, and relevance.
- Monitor, update and optimize digital content through the incorporation of SEO best practices and keyword strategies to expand content discoverability.
Bachelor’s degree in English, copywriting, communications, or a similar discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in writing, editing, and content creation.
- Experience with strategic communications within higher education, business, or non-profit sector.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of marketing communication techniques, technologies, website, and digital ad data and analytics, and demonstration of deployment of effective marketing campaigns using industry best practices is required.
- Ability to collaborate with web team to enhance SEO through relevant content and keyword strategies;
- Proficient in web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Must be able to meet expectations in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated, focused, and results oriented.
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are not required but strongly encouraged for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.