Manager Software Services
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland
- Feb 28, 2023
- Apr 04, 2023
- IT, Management
- Technology and Software
- Full Time
Manager Software Services
Position #: 128145
The Manager of Software Services is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of software engineering projects and products. These include solutions ranging from batch processes to web applications.
The Manager leads a team of software engineers and performs a range of managerial duties including interviewing, hiring, terminations, salary adjustments, mentoring, coaching, performance review, and staff development. The position manages the day-to-day development activities and is responsible for the associated tasks within the software development life cycle, including project management, planning, coordination, testing, documentation, and ensuring the quality of deliverables. The Manager is expected to provide consistent and clear written and verbal communications, monitor individual and team progress, and proactively address schedule issues as necessary. At times, this position requires hands-on software development to complete initiatives on time.
As a member of the leadership team, the Manager will provide progress briefings as needed, serve as a backup to the Assistant Director, participate in activities to fulfill the department’s mission, and perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
7 years’ of software development experience, including at least 2 years as a manager, supervisor or other leadership role 5 years experience in object oriented design and development.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, and in writing.
- Ability to express technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Leadership, managerial or supervisory ability.
- 1 or more years of experience using Agile methodology and SCRUM.
- Experience with Java design and development.
- Experienced in the usage of ServiceNow and the Atlassian suite of software development tools and services.
- Medical, [uhr.umd.edu] dental [uhr.umd.edu], and vision [uhr.umd.edu]coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission [uhr.umd.edu] for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package [uhr.umd.edu] to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits [uhr.umd.edu] created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more… [uhr.umd.edu]
Salary range $140,000-$160,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Employee will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus.
Best consideration date: 03/20/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/104865
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.