- RCM of Washington, Inc.
- Washington D.C.
- Feb 28, 2023
- Apr 04, 2023
- Social Services and Mental Health
- Career Level
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff)
- Full Time
The Supervising Registered Nurse (RN) reports to the Clinical Director and shall practice under the Nursing Practice Act of Washington DC. This position is primarily responsible for planning, organizing and developing all nursing activities within the agency’s residential and waiver facilities. The RN is responsible for complete management which includes developing, coordinating and monitoring all person-centered nursing care for the people that we support. This is a twenty-four (24) hour position and requires the ability to be on-call. Such practice is further guided by nursing standards established by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing and approved by the board.
- Exercise quality nursing judgment in the application of established policies and procedures in order to ensure well-being and safety of the people that we support. Organize and maintain medical records according to RCM’s policy which includes updating health passports, HCMP’s, Health form #1, Persons Data, Medication Administration Records, quarterly and annual reports, progress notes and any other documents pertaining to health and wellness standards. Attend and prepare for all meetings to include human rights committee, psychotropic medication review, ISP’s, court appointments, department meetings, trainings/in-services, management meetings, pertinent physician’s appointments and any other meeting deemed necessary by the Director of Nursing. Develop health care management plans (HCMP’s) including all pertinent diagnosis and interventions. Document appropriate findings as it relates to nursing practice via weekly and monthly progress notes and report vital information to the health care team. Hold weekly team meetings to discuss caseloads to maintain open lines of communication to the medical team as well as the Clinical Director; provide timely response to all communications. Ensure completion and follow up of all consults relating to the person’s health needs including: labs, diagnostic testing and procedures, immunizations, nutrition, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech and language. Coordinate timely medication administration of staff; ensure that monthly medications are reconciled and accurate on the Physician order sheets. Monitor and document medication administration of LPN and TME’s to ensure proper technique is followed; ensure proper storage of medication as well as disposal. Maintain Medication Administration Records (MAR) and on a minimum check on a weekly basis to ensure that all medication is properly administered. Ensure that first aid kits and treatment supplies are in place and ready for use. Conduct medical trainings and in-services for all staff (including day program) according to DDs standards; provide updated documentation to health care team quarterly or as needed. Attend continuing education trainings and in-services (at least 1 quarterly); Conduct at least 1 nursing department presentation annually to share insight into professional nursing as it applies to the people that we support. Participate with quality improvement team to correct any deficiencies. Train employees on proper care according to their plan. Respond and address issues on MCIS dashboard as it pertains to the caseload and resolve on a timely basis. Provide counseling and initiate disciplinary actions to resolve any gaps in staff’s performances. Utilizing a performance Improvement plan (PIP) as needed.
- Report all suspect negative allegations to the Clinical Director as well as Incident Management Coordinator Fill in as a Direct Support Professional as needed to assist with person care routines and medical appointments.
- Maintain professionalism (including attire) and positive attitude with the people that we support, staff, family and friends.
- Serve as an advocate for the people supported and upholding all “Persons Rights” in accordance with regulations.
- Follow the DDS Health and Wellness Standards, as well as the Board of Nursing Standards and Scope of Practice Participate in all on-going job-related training (all 4 phase of DDS training) and staff meetings with the ability to demonstrate training competency
- Maintain current licensure and certifications to effectively perform professional duties (RN license, Health Certificate, TB testing, CPR and CPI).
- Other duties as assigned