Clearance Required:Ability to Obtain a Secret
US Citizenship: Summary
The MIL Corporation seeks a Software Engineering Manager to support a Federal Government client at our Charleston, South Carolina location. As a member of the team, the successful candidate will support the operation of both domestic and overseas financial systems, including payroll, accounting, accounts receivable, disbursing, cash reconciliation, data warehouse, imaging, and Treasury reporting systems.
Along with supporting the Government Client, the Software Engineering Manager will help develop and support the MIL Software Engineering (SWE) team. Duties can include Interviewing \ recruiting, contract compliance, and mentoring staff. Responsibilities
- Conduct team management duties for 10+ contract staff
- Manage Contract compliance and Quality Assurance activities for 10+ contract staff
- Lead Interviewing and Selection activities for new team members
- Lead engagement and communications with Client
- Plan, develop, integrate, and automate application and operating system tasks through an automated batch scheduler with focus on efficiency and automation
- Develop, document, and execute daily, bi-weekly, monthly, and annual operating procedures to support the production financial systems
- Perform the installation of application software and core database software upgrades, patches, and hotfixes
- Analyze and correct both functional and technical issues that arise as a result of executing daily, bi-weekly, monthly, and annual operating procedures
- Plan, test, and execute continuity of operations plans for all applicable systems
- Must place emphasis on teamwork and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Plan, organize and manage the configuration, install, optimize, administer, and maintain financial systems supported by the Unit
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in systems development, requirements development, and/or automated financial systems analysis
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate technical as well as non-technical information, both orally and in writing
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- Experience working with financial management systems
- Four-year degree in computer science, business, or closely related field
- Experience with BMC Control-M
- Experience with management and contract compliance.
- Experience as an Interviewer for contract position selection/placement
BA/BS desired in computer science, business, or closely related field desired. Clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance issued by DoS; please note that the clearance process takes into account both criminal and financial background aspects. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.