7 days left
- Washington D.C.
- Feb 24, 2023
- Mar 31, 2023
- Construction and Skilled Trades
- Education, Colleges and Universities
- Full Time
Facilities, Buildings & Grounds (FBG) is currently seeking an experienced, licensed Electrician to help support the Universities mission in education. FBG is a part of GW’s Facilities, Planning and Construction Management Division, which maintains GW’s property and grounds on all three campuses. Employees at GWU are offered a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, general retirement savings options that include university contributions and matching contributions, generous Annual and Sick leave benefits plus many more. For more information about GW benefits, please visit https://hr.gwu.edu/benefits
Reporting to a Zone Manager, the Electrician typically maintains, repairs and installs electrical systems and equipment within GW buildings.
The core responsibilities of this role include but not limited too:
- Effectively investigate and identify electrical problems and to develop plans to repair and maintain the electrical systems;
- To perform preventive maintenance repairs on electrical systems, lighting systems, and equipment in and around buildings;
- To install wiring, electrical systems, lighting systems in and around buildings, power appliances, electrical machinery, and equipment according to written job orders, and to report to and answer emergency call-backs.
- This position may work around and/or with machine tools that present certain dangers, and all safety precautions must be followed.
- This position will require kneeling, crawling, climbing ladders, riding lifts and stairs for an extended period of time on a regular basis.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.